Sunday, September 6, 2009

Vamos a la Playa

So after three weeks of being in Florida, I finally went to the beach. It was a small but adventurous group of first year grads and older grad students. We grabbed lunch at the local Shwarma place... from which I ordered a burger and fries, I swear, I'm not that white.
The beach was beautiful, the sand was very white. It was very shell-y and painful down most of the beach, but once you hit the water it became a very very fine powder and perfect for walking barefoot. The water actually felt warmer than the air outside, I could definitely get used to that! There were diving pelicans and spiky shells with animals still living in them and talks about sharks. Although I feel the talk of sharks was more a ploy of the older make us "New F'n Gs" paranoid.
After playing beach volleyball with some random douchebag, all there was left to do was drink my six pack of orange soda, watch my ridiculous farmers tan become a little less ridiculous, watch the sunset and stay for the fireworks at 9pm and call it a day.

Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Mu!!! This is amazing I am going to read your blog on my bberry. Speaking of sharks I am currently...well fcuk me working but watching planet Earth in the background. Marko

    ReplyDelete